“It remained to Dr. A. H. Sayce, the Assyriologist, and Dr. William Wright, . . . to recover the first actual remains of the Hittites. In time these were found throughout western Asia Minor and modern Turkey. Sayce recorded the story of his finds in the book The Hittites, Story of a Forgotten Empire. In 1906, Dr. Hugo Winckler, excavating at Hoghos-Keui on the Halys River ninety miles east of Ankara, discovered the former capital and a treasure trove of inscriptions on clay tablets in cuneiform script and written in the Babylonian and Hittite languages. It took some time to decipher the Hittite tongue, but it was accomplished. . . .
The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah’s Kingdom. May 1, 1961 p. 280